Saturday, January 12, 2008

Relationships and Forgiveness

When someone who once loved you now hates you it elicits a strange sensation. For me this is the first time I have ever experienced it. To be clear, we're talking about HATE not annoyance or some type of silly male competition type thing. My soon to be be ex-wife hates me and has tried to destroy the relationships in the world that I value most: those with my step kids and grandkids. This photograph, to me, seems to be the antithesis of hate. I guess dealing with this hatred will be one of the things I'll be considering as my forgiveness group discusses that topic over the course of the rest of the month. Also, I just love this photograph and have been looking for a place to use it.

1 comment:

nan said...

beautiful photo. forgiveness. i think you are onto something there...